Whether you’re a first time landlord, or your tenant has just given you notice, you’re probably feeling some stress. Letting your property can feel like a mountain to climb. Let Next Step Estates guide you to the top.
- Make an appointment with us to view your property. When we visit we will take a look around and then sit down with you to get a good understanding of what you want to achieve. With our local knowledge we will be able to give you an honest opinion on your expectations right away. We will also discuss the best marketing plan for you and provide advice on what needs to be done in order to let your property.
- We will send you an appraisal (valuation) and note of our fee should we be successful in letting your property (at Next Step you will not incur any charges if your property is not let through us). If you are happy with us then you will instruct Next Step Estates to be your agent and provide us with a set of keys for viewings.
- We will need to take professional photographs, possibly a video tour of your property, and draw up a floorplan (all free of charge). To help us we will need you to make your property look as attractive as possible. We will send you some tips and tricks to do this. You will also need to order an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This needs to be included in marketing materials. You can search for someone online to do this or we can help you find someone if you need.
- Next Step will then take care of marketing your property as widely (and appropriately) as possible. This will include listings on all of the major property portals online, at our office and on social media.
- Viewings will start taking place. These will always be accompanied by a member of our team. We will contact any existing tenants to arrange convenient viewing times..
- Someone makes an offer to let your property. This usually takes no more than two weeks. Some properties receive multiple offers within hours of becoming available to view.
- Once you accept an offer, the tenant pays a week’s rental as a holding deposit and we begin referencing the tenant.
- If the tenant’s references are acceptable then we conduct a full inventory of the empty property, the rental contract is signed, the tenancy deposit and first month’s rent is paid and keys are handed over on the first day of letting.
At this stage we can either leave you to manage your property yourself or we can help you with ongoing rent collection and property management. We’d be delighted to meet with you and chat about how we can help.